Our highest priority is the health, safety and security of our guests and our team. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continuously follow the latest advice and recommendations from the South African Government and from international bodies, like the World Health Organization (WHO) and Johns Hopkins University. We also follow the guidance issued by the hospitality industry.
Taaibos is Super Safe!
One of the strongest assets of our lodge is that it is booked EXCLUSIVELY TO ONE GROUP OF GUESTS AT ANY TIME—our guests have NEVER had to share the lodge with strangers. We only accept bookings for the entire lodge, for one group, with a minimum rate for 4 adults. In continuing with this policy, you will be at the lodge with your family, friends, or colleagues—people whose hygiene practices are known to you and whose honesty about their condition you can trust.
Our lodge is highly automated allowing us to run with a relatively small, well trained staff compliment, further reducing your exposure; and all our staff live on the premises during your entire stay.
All lodge staff have been fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Our staff have been extensively briefed and understand the importance of these measures. Our measures meet or exceed all recommended standards. Our staff live on site for extended periods and encounter only our guests, while on duty.
- We impose a 48-hour gap between departures and arrivals to allow for thorough disinfection.
- Physical (which includes “social”) distancing is practiced at all times and we minimise the number of staff that interact with guests.
- Daily infra-red, non-contact temperature screening of all staff.
- We ask that our guests subject themselves to a temperature check upon arrival and every morning during their stay.
- Our staff always wear masks and/or face shields, and gloves when appropriate.
- Fresh, sanitised, complimentary cloth face masks are available to our guests twice per day. These are washed and sanitised overnight.
- We use high-quality disinfectants to clean public areas and guest bedrooms/bathrooms daily.
- Hands-free sanitiser dispensers are freely available in public areas; and sanitiser is provided in private bathrooms.
- Although we have always practiced the highest level of hygiene in the preparation of food, there is now an increased awareness in our kitchen.