We offer you your own private and exclusive use safari home in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, where all activities can be tailor-made to suit your needs. The lodge accepts bookings for groups from 4 to 10 guests.
Meals can be presented from casual, private and cosy buffet-style occasions to indulging, full-service, plated events. An extensive wine cellar, together with an exotic collection of whiskeys, cognacs and liqueurs complement our delicious fare.
Game drives can be taken at prearranged times and can even include bush braai’s (African barbecue) and picnic lunches. Our fully qualified field guide can also conduct game walks.
There is no set routine for meal-times or game drives – these are adjusted, within reason, according to our guests’ whims and needs.
There is no cell phone coverage (and we hope to keep it that way!) For emergencies, a satellite phone is available. (See Internet below)
Parking is at the Main Gate of the reserve, no private cars are permitted on the reserve
A limited satellite-based network is available, on a wireless network, restricted to certain areas of the lodge. This is adequate for email and for Web-based voice and text messaging apps, such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, etc.
Collection from the Welgevonden Main Gate from 14:00
Departure from the lodge at 10:00
- 5 Luxury rooms
- 1 additional room that that forms a suite with one of the 5 luxury rooms, sharing a bathroom. This can also be used as a cosy private lounge.
Facilities in the bedrooms
- En-suite bathrooms, each with large shower and bath
- Air conditioning
- Under-floor heating in bathrooms
- Walk-in cupboards
- 3 rooms with HDTV, Blu-ray player and dedicated DStv Explora Satelite TV
- Private outside showers
- Chilled purified water on tap
Facilities in the living areas
- Steam room
- Boma (outdoor enclosure used for dining under the stars)
- Heated plunge pool (all year)
- Heated main swimming pool (not heated in coldest winter months)
- Satelite TV (full DStv bouquet) with 2 televisions
- Indoor dining room
- Fully stocked licensed bar
- Sitting room with large fireplace
- Billiard table
- Under floor heating throughout the living area
- Large area wooden deck
Facilities in the Conferencing
- Seating for up to 18 people
- Fully air-conditioned, or the option to open doors onto a private garden
- Underfloor heating for the colder winter months
- Wired and Wi-Fi Internet connection
- Whiteboard and flipchart with all the accessories
- 75” television with the appropriate WiFi and wired links for presentations
- Full DStv and Blu-ray DVD with 7.1 surround sound
- Ample electrical outlets for charging laptops and other devices
- Variable lighting to suit any requirement
- Several private break-away areas
- Snacks and beverages throughout the day, customised to requirements